For in-person service, customers MUST complete an application prior to visiting our office. Click here to complete your Process Server registration application. If registering as a corporation or partnership, at least two partners or corporate officers must be present to sign at the time of registration.
*When renewing a lapsed registration, the process server must re-submit current LiveScan fingerprints.
The registrant must appear in person and meet the following requirements:
- Possess a valid government issued picture identification (established by a birth certificate, such as a driver’s license or passport).
- The principal place of business or residential address must be located in Orange County.
- Present a bond in the amount of $2,000 naming the registrant as principal providing the term of the bond, two (2) years, commencement date and expiration date.
- Pursuant to Business and Profession Code §22350, the registrant, or if corporation or partnership, all partners or corporate officers will be required to submit a completed LiveScan Application. Upon verification from the Department of Justice, the permanent identification card will be issued.
- Registration fee (includes one identification card): $107.00
- Bond recording fee: $7.00 for first page, $3.00 for each additional page
- Replacement Identification Cards: $10.00
- Please make checks payable to: Orange County Clerk-Recorder
- Only the person requesting the services will be allowed to enter the office.
- Again, customers must complete an application online prior to visiting our office. You can complete your application here: Online Process Server Registration Application
- Registration service is available until 4:00 p.m. daily, Monday - Friday, except holidays.