Marriage Ceremonies Update: Currently, civil marriage ceremonies are only being performed for couples who obtained their marriage license from the Office of the Orange County Clerk-Recorder Department.
Civil non-sectarian wedding ceremonies are $28. Ceremonies can be performed at the department's North County Branch Office in Anaheim, the South County Branch Office in the Laguna Hills Civic Center and at the Old County Courthouse in Santa Ana. A marriage license must be purchased prior to the ceremony; please click here for further information on obtaining a marriage license. Both individuals must be able to read, speak, and understand English. If not, the couple must bring a witness who can also serve as a translator to have a ceremony performed. The department does not provide translation services.
- A public marriage license must be signed by at least one witness present on the day that the ceremony is performed.
- The couple must provide one witness if they are a having a marriage ceremony performed after having obtained a public marriage license. The department will not provide witnesses under any circumstances.
- A marriage ceremony will not be performed if a couple doesn't have a witness present who can sign their public marriage license and who can physically witness the marriage ceremony.
- The department will be implementing strict social distancing guidelines as well as the following restrictions to ensure the safety of the couples and staff:
- For couples looking to obtain a public marriage license and have a ceremony, a maximum of 20 guests are allowed to attend a wedding ceremony.
- For couples looking to obtain a confidential marriage license and have a ceremony, a maximum of 20 guests are allowed to attend a wedding ceremony.
- For couples who have already purchased a confidential marriage license and are looking to have a marriage ceremony performed, a maximum of 20 guests are allowed to attend a wedding ceremony.
- Couples must present valid government issued photo identification at their appointment.
To Make an Appointment
For those looking to have a marriage ceremony performed, you must complete your marriage license application before visiting our offices at https://ocweddings.ocrecorder.com/#/.
For more information, please call our information line, Monday - Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Clerk-Recorder Department Information Line