Legal Document Assistant Registration
Legal document assistant registration is required in each county where services are performed. For in-person service, customers MUST complete an application prior to visiting our office. Click here to complete your Legal Document Assistant registration application. If a registering corporation or partnership, at least two partners or corporate officers must be present to sign at the time of registration. Only one partner or corporate officer must submit supporting educational documentation. Identification cards issued in the name of the partnership/corporation will not contain a photo. Additionally, employees must individually qualify and file separate individual registrations. Employee identification cards will not be issued.
The registrant must appear in person and meet the following requirements:
- Possess a valid government issued picture identification (birth certificate, driver’s license or passport).
- Present a bond in the amount of $25,000 naming the registrant as principal providing the term of the bond, two years, commencement date, and expiration date.
- Supporting educational documentation as required in Business and Profession Code § 6400, 6402 & 6408.
- The filing fee is $189 for a single-sided, single-page bond, but may vary. Please add $3 for each additional page of the bond.
- Replacement cards are $10 each.
- Only the person requesting the service will be allowed to enter the office.
Again, customers must complete an application online prior to visiting our office. You can complete your application here: Online Legal Document Assistant Registration Application
Registration service is available until 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday, except holidays.