Obtaining Official Record Copies

The Orange County Clerk-Recorder Department will close all of its office locations to the public, effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020, as a precautionary measure to help slow the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Most services can be easily requested online or by mail. Please browse our web pages to get detailed information on obtaining services or call us at (714) 834-2500.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Thank you!

Clerk-Recorder Department staff will not conduct searches over the phone, in person or via mail. This Grantor/Grantee search engine will only provide an index of searched results and will not allow you to view images online. Should you need to review the documents prior to purchasing, please visit one of our office locations.

Copies of recorded real property documents may be obtained in person or by mail with a self-addressed stamped envelope.

Copies also may be ordered online after a search of our online Grantor-Grantee database.
To search the database,
click here.

  • Documents are identified by the names of the listed grantors and/or grantees and the recording date. If the document was recorded before 1982, reference the book, page and instrument number if available. If the document was recorded in 1982 or later, refer to the instrument number, which consists of the recording year followed by a six-digit number.
  • Fees for copies are $1 for the first page plus $1 for each additional page per document or map. The fee for certification is another $1 for each document or map.
  • For copy requests by mail from those paying with a check, leave the dollar amount blank and write a limiting phrase in the "note" portion. (Example - not to exceed $20.) The clerk processing your order will complete the check and return a receipt with the exact amount.

Make checks payable to: Orange County Clerk-Recorder. Mail the copy request to:

Orange County Clerk-Recorder
Attn: Copy Desk
County Administration South
601 N. Ross Street
Santa Ana, CA 92701

Questions? Call (714) 834-2500

Official Records Copy Request Form

STATE SEISMIC HAZARD MAPS (Landslide & Liquifaction):
Information is available at the Santa Ana office.
Inquire at the Help Desk in Room 106 or at Window 1 in Room 101.